Things to Do This Fall
Take a Walk!
The middle of October is peak colour change time, and with London being well-known as the â€˜forest cityâ€™ there are plenty of trees to see. Take a stroll in your neighbourhood, or perhaps on one of the countless trails crisscrossing the city. Enjoy the stunning vistas of yellows, oranges, and reds while theyâ€™re in full swing. It doesnâ€™t last forever, and itâ€™s certainly more fun raking them up once youâ€™ve seen them in their glory!
â€˜Tis the season for all things pumpkin, whether it be carving, painting, or pureeing them for pie. Let out your inner kid and grab a couple before they all disappear! If you decide to carve a pumpkin, donâ€™t waste the seeds! Below is an easy way to roast them for a healthy and delicious snack.
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds, or whatever you scoop from one pumpkin (cleaned, rinsed, and partially dried)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, or an equal amount of the cooking oil of your choice
- 1 teaspoon salt and/or other seasonings
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 250Â°. Line a large sheet pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease it with butter or oil. This reduces cleanup laterâ€¦trust me on this.
- Season the seeds with anything of your choice (paprika, taco seasoning, cinnamon and nutmeg)
- Throw them into the oven and bake for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.