Almost everyone has those special items that make their annual appearance around this time. The nutcrackers on the mantle, family ornaments on the tree, among countless other traditions. If youâ€™re searching for a new idea to add to your holiday look, then look no further!
Fabric Christmas Trees
Simple to build, and with a classy look that will stay no matter the holiday decor trends that follow, this great idea also reuses any old fabric or clothing you may have lying around at home. A beautiful decoration with added eco-consciousness!
- fabric tree template
- 20″x30″x3/8″ cork-backed, foam core board or even a strong cardboard will do in a pinch
- craft knife
- 3/8″ ribbon
- white craft glue
- old sweaters or other holiday-themed clothing or any fabric you desire
- 1/2 yard of felt
- This craft begins with printing and cutting out the template at different sizes for a variety of fabric trees, before following that with tracing the outline onto the backing of your choice.
- Using your gathered fabric to cut out similar, but slightly larger triangles, glue them to the backing and finish the back side with either a piece of felt cut to fit, or more of the fabric.
- The final step is to mount it on a base, either with a slot cut into a rectangle of corkboard, or again, a very strong cardboard. Your christmas trees are now ready to liven up your mantle, tables, or anyplace that needs some holiday cheer!
Full instructions available at HGTV.